mosquito bite on the eyelid?

my 2 year old has a mosquito bite on her eyelid ,it's swollen,she keeps on touching it,
i applied cold packs and gave her 1 teaspoon of benadryl for the itching,what else have you done in a case like this

tine10

Asked by tine10 at 6:51 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had that happen when I was a kid! My whole eye swelled shut. You just have to wait until it goes away...there isn't much else you can do. Poor girl. I know how she feels!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:56 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Just wait it out...be sure to keep an eye on it (no pun intended) in case it might have been a spider bite...GL poor thing.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:44 AM on May. 19, 2009

• You can put on warm compresses and dab a bit of toothpaste to alleviate the itch. Depending on her weight, you may be able to give her a little bit of benadryl at night to keep her from scratching in her sleep (check with a pharmacist or your health care provider).

Answer by rkoloms at 10:44 AM on May. 19, 2009