Bloody Noses

My son is 4 years old and never had a bloody nose before. Suddenly he's had 2 in the past couple of days. Both times he was just relaxing and watching tv with me. Should I be worried? I'm not a drama mama, but I've never dealt with bloody noses before, my daughter only had one, and that was because some idiot ran into her with a shopping cart at the grocery store. It just seems odd to me that the bloody noses with my son have appeared out of nowhere. Help?

mom2530

Asked by mom2530 at 7:34 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Health

• It could just be allergies. My husband has horrible allergies and always gets bloody noses when his allergies flare up. Try some childrens claritin or benadryl...ask the pediatrician first of course. GL...let it bleed too dont make him lay down or anything thats not recommended, have him sit up and hold a tissue in his nose.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:37 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Is the air in your house dry? If it is that may be whats causing it. Drying out the membranes in the nose.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on May. 19, 2009