a deer ran into the side of my car.....

i have full coverage but the insurance agency always act like there is nothing they can do. basically i'm paying for nothing. do i have to pay for wildlife collision in virginia or should my insurance

mama28th

Asked by mama28th at 7:37 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have never heard of wildlife damage not being covered. I suppose if there is a separate charge for wildlife damage that the insurance company could say you weren't covered.

Answer by Bmat at 7:41 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Fight it...insurance companies will try to get out of just about anything they can. Look over your coverage plan and be sure you know what you are talking about before you call them up. It should be covered even if you are on the moon! Full coverage means....full coverage! Right? That is what I thought....a deer hits you it could have made you hit something else therefore you would have been covered...damage to the car EITHER way. GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:43 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Same thing happened to my grandpa and myself. We both had deer run into our cars and had trouble sorting it out with our insurance company. Take a good look at your poliy and keep calling them.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 8:52 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I work in an insurance agency in Illinois, and if you do have full coverage, then YOU ARE covered, at least that's the way it is here. I know that we cover all wild- life damage. Go in and sit down with your insurance agent, and MAKE them do everything they can for you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on May. 19, 2009

• You should be covered. This happened to my cousin in IN. She had her care repaired and returned within 48 hours.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 9:30 AM on May. 19, 2009