Does Barack Obama Want Nancy Pelosi to Fail?

The Central Intelligence Agency gave House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., advanced warning before CIA Chief Leon Panetta sent a memo to employees at the spy agency that countered Pelosi’s claim that the agency lied to Congress about waterboarding.
A CIA official, but not Panetta, made the call to Pelosi. [...]
The aide said Pelosi protested Panetta’s memo on the call to no avail.”
Now, new questions are raised. Pelosi must surely be wondering why a president of her own party is allowing the release of information that will make her look bad in the press; why he is remaining silent on the issue; and why he is taking no action to try and stem the feeding frenzy surrounding her.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/White-House-knew-about-Panetta-memo-contradicting-Pelosi--45315952.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• So why would the Obama Administration want to see Pelosi twist in the wind? To be sure, bare knuckles politics plays a role. There is no doubt a little of the White House showing Pelosi and Congress who is boss. But there is someone close to the president who may have a personal motive to see Nancy Pelosi laid low: Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel.
    Emanuel gave up his safe Congressional seat and a place in the leadership in the House to become White House Chief of Staff. But he has not given up on his dream of becoming Speaker. Furthermore, Pelosi, Emanuel’s former boss, pulled a power play on him when he took the new position, reportedly letting Emanuel know in no uncertain terms that she was running the show on the hill and would have no input from him or the White House.
    http://www.redstate.com/mark_i/2009/05/18/does-barack-obama-want-nancy-pelosi-to-fail/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on May. 19, 2009

• The executive and legislative branches are supposed to be equal. Problem is, Pelosi doesn't want equality, she wants power. With that in mind, I'll applaud anyone that "makes" her fail.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:46 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Because that's his norm. Throw whoever he can under the bus to save his own sorry rear end. He may not want her to "fail",but she will,of course,because as Forrest Gump's momma said "stupid is as stupid does." And, if any administration is proof of that, we are being forced to live through it now! God help us all! Is it Jan. 20,2013 yet?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Don't know, don't care..She's been on the road to failure since she took helm of the House in 2006. She's a little too power hungry.

Jan 20, 2013 is going to be the start of Obama's second term. There's nobody in the GOP that can really step it up. I am afraid to say and this is coming from a Republican. I did not say whether I support Obama..I am just stating the obvious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on May. 19, 2009

• anon:43 Your reply is not making any sense.R.Emanuel can not just become Speaker of the House without being in Congress ,representing his state.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on May. 19, 2009

• IMO, BO doesn't have a problem throwing inconvenience under the bus, no matter who it's coming from. Pelosi isn't special in that dept.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:04 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Obama needs to get rid of her and Biden. His administration is a joke with them on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Jan 20, 2013 is going to be the start of Obama's second term. There's nobody in the GOP that can really step it up. I am afraid to say and this is coming from a Republican. I did not say whether I support Obama..I am just stating the obvious.

I don't agree. God is NOT going to allow that person to be "president" of this country for 8 years. I don't even, honestly see him lasting 4,at the rate he's going, he'll be lucky to last 1 year. He'll be gone by this time next year. Washington will finally get enough,and he will be impeached, or forced to resign.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on May. 19, 2009

His administration is a joke no matter who's on it! Why? Because HE is a joke!
    Anonymous

• I think BO and Pelosi want each other to fail! It's the ultimate power play of two back-stabbing, highly narcissistic people.

They are going to keep pointing fingers at one another--like children do--until there is no more blame to toss around (which is going to take a very LONG time).
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:35 AM on May. 19, 2009