What are your thoughts on the 66 year old lady who had IVF and is pregnant?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/18/elizabeth-adeney-66-year_n_204717.html

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 7:42 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• She has no clue what being tired is till she has a newborn. That's all I could think about. She is 66 and wanted a baby. Man, many many exhausted nights are ahead of her.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:47 AM on May. 19, 2009

• more power to her...to each her own....it's none of my business what someone i don't know does with her body...congrats and good luck to her....
    Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 7:48 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I'm thinking what was she thinking? She'll be in her 80's when they graduate high school.
    rotPferd

Answer by rotPferd at 7:52 AM on May. 19, 2009

• she won't live to see that child grow up and too me thats selfish.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:06 AM on May. 19, 2009

• She's incredibly selfish. She will likely be dead before the child reaches HS. Wikipedia (you know, that reliable source of info, lol) says average life expectancy in England is 77.5-80, same as US. Her precious baby will be an orphan!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 8:12 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I feel bad for the babies. When they're 20, she's going to be 86. Who knows if she'll even live that long. These babies are going to lose the one person that means the most to them at such an early age and it's her own doing. She knows the pain they're going to feel and she still decided to go through with it. It's just really sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I never had more energy than when I had a newborn. I was never up all night with my kids. I was up and down through the night with them to feed them, change them, and put them back to bed, but I slept much better than I did when I was pregnant. That sudden increase in good sleep gave me tons of energy.

I think it's great that she's pregnant. Yes, she may not live long, but any of us could die at any time leaving our children motherless. Death doesn't just come calling for the old. We all know that. And she could live another 40 years. Who knows. There are no guarantees in life.

And if you go with that line of thinking, I guess we are all incredibly selfish because we will all die and leave our kids without their parents.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:29 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I think its up to mom who decides. If she can handle it, more power to her. If not, I feel sorry for the baby.
    cafemom36621

Answer by cafemom36621 at 8:40 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I think it is wonderful....age 66 is not old in every case. I have a 67 yo BIL who has more energy than anyone I know. She is probably financially secure, and has the time and patience to enjoy the baby. There are tons of people who have babies who do not give the child the love or time they need. Here you have a woman who wants a baby to love...how can you fault her for this?
    MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 8:58 AM on May. 19, 2009

• It's not anything for me to worry about, though I do hope that she has a will in place and someone to be the child's guardian. While every parent should have both a will and a guardian for their children, she will likely need it before her child is an adult.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 9:19 AM on May. 19, 2009