How did you quit smoking?

I just started using Nicoderm CQ, it seems to be working. I'm not craving the cigarettes and I only have a fleeting thought now and then that I need to go have one. I think that may be just feeling the need to step outside for a "break". What has been your experience if any?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Health

• My Husband and I quit this past October. What we found that worked may not work for you but we stopped cold turkey. We found that if we chewed the gum, took the tablets, did the patch etc, it just made us crave it more. So we stopped everything. We have been smoke free since and it's had it's ups and downs but that's what worked for us. Goodluck, and congrats on quitting!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:26 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I stopped coled turkey. But I think it was easy for me cause I just found out I was pregnant.
    My dh took chantix for 2wks & then he quit smoking & quit the chantix at the same time..
    Ive been smoke free since April 06. DH been smoke free since Feb 07 (awsome vday gift i think!)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:21 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I got my wisdom teeth taken out and got dry socket thats how I quit smoking it was way to painful. It has been over 2 years now and I still crave one here and there, like I need a break to go step outside. I wonder if that will ever go away? My husband used chantix. that worked for him.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 11:28 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I quit cold turkey 3 yrs ago. The patch had never been succesful for me. I set a quit date and kept telling myself that once that date came, i would be a non smoker. Now, I'll be honest and tell you I became obsessed with Ben & Jerry's icecream and episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond when I quit. Those two things were like an escape!!! And if I started to think about smoking, I would quickly start thinking of something else. Good luck.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:35 PM on May. 19, 2009