What is a good daily diet to have while pregnant?

I am trying to maintain my weight where it is. I realize I will gain some but I don't want to go overboard. I go to the gym at least 4 days a week and spend a minimum of 45 minutes of the treadmill, power walking. After walking I move to free weights and do arm exercises for 15 minutes. I eat tons more fruit than I did and I have more yogurt in my diet. Water is a mainstay for me as I have cut out/back on coffee and tea.

Any other suggestions?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 8:10 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• eat normal noone said pregnacny is pigging out.
    i actually hate people that do that because they think they are eating fir "2"
    you arent truthfully you only need about 300 more calories a day so basically nother yougurt and banana, just eat how you have been just thjrow in something extra like that
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:42 AM on May. 19, 2009

• NO DIET! just eat healthy... stay away from fast food, but eat when you hungry:) good luck! congrads;)
    PS I really didnt feel like I was eating for 2 untill about 7 month prego...so don't worry
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 9:40 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I eat a lot of whole grains, because they make me feel full. I snack on dried fruits and cheese and yogurt. I want plums so bad right now and can't find any in the store, but apples, bananas, milk and dairy products. I try to stay away from too much junk food, but for some reason I have this thing with salty food with this baby. I like veggies lightly salted or with some ranch. I don't do anything at all close to dieting, but I am trying to eat well for the baby and myself!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 10:39 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Basically, I've been sticking to a balance diet. Just like the food pyramid grid. Let that be your guide. You want to make sure and get all the nutrients for your growing baby. I also read in one my pregnacy magazines it's good to eat 10 almonds. Good source of omega 3's for the baby. Helps the baby's brain delvelop is what they say.
    Yes, in the start of the 2nd trimester you need to add 300 calories to your daily diet. However don't deny your cravings, Just eat everything in moderation. Too much of sweets and caffenine is never good!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:19 PM on May. 19, 2009