Should i care?

So we found out we were having another boy and annoucned the name yesterday Dawson James.. and most people seem to like it but My mom da borther and sister dont.. normally i dont care but with close family like taht should i take it into consdieration how they feel? My 12 yr old brother even posted online about i but wont tell me where... Should i cahnge the name i LOVE or just tell them to deal with it and call him DJ if they dont like it?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 8:26 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, if you love the name keep it. I've had a few people tell me they don't like what I'm naming my child. That's fine. They don't have to like the name, you know they'll love the child!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:28 AM on May. 19, 2009

• When I told my Mom what my second DD's name was going to be, she HATED it!I still used the name and people tell me all the time they love her name and that it suits her (Stella)

With #3, I didn't tell ANYONE the name until after he was born because I knew they would all hate his name, especially his middle name since it sounds like a last name to most people. (Augustus Jameson, AJ for short) But its his name now and I don't really care what any one else thinks.

Sorry that your family is giving you a hard time about the name. If I were you, I would pretend to be considering other names just to get them to shut up, then when he is born use the name that you like.

I happen to be one that liked your name choice.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:34 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I found out the hard way that it's impossible to make everyone happy and it'll make you miserable trying. My grandparents didn't like the name we picked out for our daughter. So we sat down and talked to them. We told them that it's ok that they don't like the name, but she is our daughter and it is what we like and agree on. We would like for them to respect that. And my grandparents do respect our decision. (And we are still a tight family) :) Hope this helps!
    melissa0425

Answer by melissa0425 at 8:41 AM on May. 19, 2009

• my husbands mom hates our daughters name...
    we dont care we love it if you like it ignore them
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:46 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I'm with everyone else this is your little boy and your decision. Everyone has their own opinion on names so you just have to find one you like and go with it.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 9:51 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I allowed my mother and my ex to disuade me from using any of the names I liked for my little nut and I regret it to this day. I now call her a shortened version of her name or by a variety of nicknames. I should've stuck to my guns and so should you!
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 10:02 AM on May. 19, 2009

• They will love your son no matter what you name him, so go with what you and your SO love! It will grow on them!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 10:35 AM on May. 19, 2009

• If you love the name, you keep the name! I had the same problem with my daughter's name (Ava). Many of my close friends and family said they didn't like it but I told them, It's Ava no matter what. It grew on them and now, come to find out Ava is a very popular name.
    Mommy2Ava3509

Answer by Mommy2Ava3509 at 10:36 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I hated the name my mother picked out for my brother, Wyatt, I just totally pictured me having a snob that wore tennis whites and picked on people..I mean come on, Wyatt?!
    now that he has a personality and can talk Wyatt is TOTALLY fitting-I still HATE the name, but hes SO cute and I love him to death, and I LOVE the name (only on him though) hes a wild child, that screams and plays hard, and thinks mud is the neatest thing in the world.... Tennis whites, what was I thinking-
    the point to my story is, names sound diff when there is not a person and personality attached to them-keep it because you love it, and your kids will LOVE it because they love there little man!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:56 PM on May. 19, 2009