My 2 yr old pees on the potty GREAT.. but WILL NOT POOP ON IT! I sit him and he gets off atfer about 5 minutes and then poops in his undies.. how can i get him to poop in the right spot?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 8:28 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I got a great suggestion on another moms forum as I was having the same problem. The mom told me to explain where the poop goes when it gets flushed down the toilet- in detail. I thought it sounded kind of crazy but I tried it with my son and it worked like a charm. Basically, I told him the poop goes down the little hole, through the pipe, under the house, under the yard, under the trees, to a BIG hole where it gets washed away. I took him out in the yard and street and showed him a manhole, meter, etc. He thought that was awesome and has pooped on the toilet ever since. It's worth a try... Also bribe with M&Ms. :)
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 10:05 AM on May. 19, 2009

• He is only two. My daughter was in diapers until she was four; she was reading and tying her shoes by the time she was fully potty trained.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:04 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I agree with the above post explain where it goes, also when my son was going through this I would take him to the potty and dump the poop from his undies into the potty, he started to get the idea. and I made a BIG deal when he did this on his own.
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 1:06 PM on May. 19, 2009