Do you change your coffee filter everyday?

Okay so this is a dumb question. But I was just curious if I am wasting coffee? I change my coffee filter everyday. Can you use it more than one day? Didn't know how it affected the flavor of the coffee. I just feel like I am buying so much coffee. Thanks!!!

DAH02

Asked by DAH02 at 8:29 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I don't think coffee is like tea, I think once you use the grounds once, they're done. I don't think you're wasting it. I change mine every day.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:31 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Yes, until recently I used a disposable filter and replaced it every pot that I made. I've also used re-usable cloth filters and washed them between pots. About a month ago I bought one of those Keurig coffeemakers. I get the K-cups for the best price on Amazon.com. You fill the reservoir with water, put the cup in the coffeemaker, and click brew, and get a single cup of coffee. Since my husband likes his strong and I like flavored and weak, this works out well for us, and I think I am not losing much money since we don't have any wasted grounds or stale or burnt coffee. A problem is that in the summer I would put leftover coffee from when I brewed a pot into the refrigerator for iced coffee, and I wouldn't want to do that with my new coffeemaker, so I may end up getting out my drip coffeemaker again for the summer.

Answer by Bmat at 8:35 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I don't reuse the old coffee. When it's done it gets thrown away. I have the hardest water on the planet so I think I'll throw away my coffee maker soon,lol It takes forever to brew a pot, so I'm running vinegar through it once a week, grrr...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:40 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I don't drink coffee, but I worked in a store where we had to change the pot every 2 hours. If we accidently made it a second time without changing the filter, we got complaints. I would just change it.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 10:46 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Starbucks throw away coffee every 20 mins to keep it fresh. You cannont re-use the grounds once water has ran thru them.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:37 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I use a permanent filter; I rinse it every time I make coffee.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:34 PM on May. 19, 2009