Need Summer ideas.......

My DD's last day of preschool is today and I need some suggestions on activities to do with her this Summer. She already does gymnastics but what else? She gets so tired of being in this house........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on May. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• swimming lessons?

Our local park and rec does 8 one hour classes (before the pool opens to the public each day) for $65
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:39 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Join a pool if there is one that does this. It is a great way to meet other mom's and children since the same people come every day. We used to go for a couple hours every morning. Or every day go to a playground. To the library at least once a week, and if they are having storytime, even better. Play dates, with or without other moms attending, are good.

Answer by Bmat at 8:54 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Set a day each week to take her to her favorite park. Invite some friends over and have a buble party in the backyard. Go for walks on the bikepath. Take a trip to a museum (most have a day each week that they are free or reduced price).

You don't have to spend tons of money to have fun =)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:16 AM on May. 19, 2009

• My son and I go out to play almost everyday. Plus, there is a local mall that has a huge fountain that the kids can play in for free. A lot of movie theaters do specials during the week...we love going to the park...
    babygirl13

Answer by babygirl13 at 5:00 PM on May. 22, 2009