• In the Spotlight:

do i have the right to be mad?

we wake up this morning about 4 am with the baby and iwas going to feed her but i had to pee so i asked my husband if he could hold her for amin and then id be right back and he said
" no, i dont want to hold her. i just held her for an hour and a half "

i got so mad and told him fine whatever go back to F***ing bed !
now he is tryign to say he didnt mean it that way,
sounds pretty clear to me .
he doesnt understand why im mad.
do i have the right to be ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh yeah.... I hear ya now!! My ex was like that.... and I was angry and resentful at him over stuff like that, most of the time, while we were still together.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:08 AM on May. 19, 2009

• at 4 am, misunderstanding can easily occur. If he is usually helpful (like holding the baby for an hour and a half in the middle of the night) I would cut him a little slack. Just talk to him about it and tell him he really hurt your feelings and that all you needed was a minute to go to the bathroom. If he is sorry about hurting your feelings, then I would let it go....

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:02 AM on May. 19, 2009

• he isnt usually helpful his xbox has been the "new baby"
    im to thte point where i wanna throw that out the window .
    im usually the only one up holding her , he was up because he said he was hungry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on May. 19, 2009

• it just makes me so mad, i love him more then anything and before she got here he wasnt that way. i told him that it almost seems like he isnt ready yet or that it hasnt set in . he was so excited why i was pregnnat and so happy to be having a girl and was so worried about being a great father and now i just dotn knwo what happened .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on May. 19, 2009

• My infant had diarrhea when he was tiny, and the pediatrician said feed only water for a few days so his tummy would settle down. But the baby was always hungry, poor baby. And I was feeding him every one or two hours around the clock and not getting any sleep. I was exhausted. I usually didn't ask my husband for help, but on the second night I did ask him to take one of the night time feedings so that I could sleep, he grimaced. I fed the baby myself, (the baby was fine by the second day.) But I was hurt and resentful. Being so tired didn't help the way I felt. You have every right to be mad and hurt. It might be worth it to explain why you needed help and then let it drop.

Answer by Bmat at 9:17 AM on May. 19, 2009