Why wouldn't God just create those with freewill, whom He knew would eventually choose Him?

I'm asking a lot of questions because my oldest has been asking them to me and I need answers from the believers point of view. I'd like her to see both sides of the coin.
Thank you!

If God is all-knowing and still created beings whom He would have to punish and in essence destroy for an eternity, why create them at all, unless God simply is evil? God would have to be evil and not truth; for truth is unchanging and eternal. How could a perfect God of truth unjustly create evil which must be destroyed? The creation of evil then would have come from Him?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 9:00 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• For argument sake, assume God created Adam and Eve, knowing they would be obedient to Him. What happens when they have children? Would the children still have free will or would God only allow those who would choose Him to be the ones that were born. If He did that, it wouldn't really be freewill. Thousands and thousands of years and billions of people being born-and all would always choose God! Doesn't really seem like anyone would truly have a choice. As far as God creating evil, I would say He allowed it. He did not prevent Satan, and later man, from choosing evil. He allowed that choice and now we have sin, wickedness, wars, disease in this world. Scripture says that God will be glorified, He has a plan, and it is for good. Through all the evil, God has a greater plan!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:07 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Interestingly enough, God will one day put us in a perfect world. Revelation talks about a time when Christ will reign for 1000 years. Man will follow Him (at least seem to) and yet at the end Satyan will come and find 1000's of followers to do battle against Christ. Even in a 'perfect' world, man's heart still has a choice! I have always felt like we come up with all these scenarios that would be better, and God says, "No, some people will still choose evil." It's like He is showing us, no matter what He does, people still reject Him!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:10 AM on May. 19, 2009

• You made sense to me Micheledo, Thank you I love to learn new stuff I never looked at it that way. Thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on May. 19, 2009

• micheledo,

In one of the other questions I asked, I get into how free will/choice and God's plan cannot exist at the same time. In reality, the choices you make are not really your choices, but an illusion because God already knows what you're going to do.

If God wants for nothing and he is perfect, then why did he not just create beings who were also perfect as well? Why give them a choice. I just don't see the purpose of it. Why even create anything in the first place- even a Supreme Being HAS to have a reason.

I love my children with all my heart, and would never stand by and allow something hurt them. I fail to see how God can allow Evil when he has the power to take it all away and avoid the people he loved suffering from pain. How could allow the choice of a bad person to affect one he loves?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:17 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I will just address one thing right now. I need to take care of the kids. I don't understand why God's knowledge of something in the future means we don't have a choice??? Not a perfect illustration, but I know my boys will pick a cookie of grapes! Lol. If I give them a choice, they still have a choice. I know what they are going to do, but that doesn't take away their decision. Knowledge doesn't affect freewill.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:26 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Oops-cookie OVER grapes
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:27 AM on May. 19, 2009

• It's not the same because you only THINK they will pick the cookie- you don't know for sure what their mind is thinking or if they will surprise you one day and take the grapes instead. God is supposed to know you inside and out- before you were even born. He KNOWS what you will do- he doesn't guess or THINK he knows- it's different.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:30 AM on May. 19, 2009

• i heart your answer is in the other question in the conversation God was having with the angels.

He said he will create man a nd the angels said why, they will shed blood and cause mischief and God replied i know what you know not.

His will. (is the answer) why... we do not know
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:41 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Okay Aasiyah, I see the lovely excuse of 'it's god's will, we don't know and we shouldn't ask.' To me, this is a cop out and a tactic used over and over to keep people ignorant of the truth- Seems like he even used it on the Angles. No wonder Lucifer left...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:48 AM on May. 19, 2009

• That's exactly why Lucifer left.....he found it more logical for people to understand things instead of just giving them the old "because God said so" crap. Works the same with kids. If you give them REASONS for your rules, they are more likely to follow them.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 9:52 AM on May. 19, 2009