Would you even recognize Jesus, if he were standing in front of you?

So many people are awaiting the return of Jesus, but how will you know it's him? There is a man in south Florida that claims to be Jesus, born again. Many people follow him, but many others are skeptical and don't believe. What if Jesus comes back as something you despise, just to test you? What if Jesus is one of those Pro-Choice, Gay Marriage supporters? Would you change your stance on the issues, if Jesus was openly in support of them, or would you no longer follow him?

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 9:25 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• And, let's not forget, there have been several sociopaths in history that have convinced several people that they are the second coming. Jose Luis de Jesus is just one examle. Charles Manson even had the "look" of Jesus until half way through the penalty phase of his trial. And who's to say that Jesus wouldn't come back as a lowly begger just to see how "Christ" like his followers are being?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:49 PM on May. 19, 2009

• This is like that family guy episode where jesus comes back and he is working in a record store. Peter is the only one that recognizes him. No body else does.

I don'think i would cos based on the images made of him. My partner and half my biker friends are jesus look a likes.

If i believed jesus was real and he came back in support of those things. I would become a follower.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 9:28 AM on May. 19, 2009

• If he looks like the pics on all church walls... then it could be my ex bf...LOL... he is/was the exact imagine of the portraits you see of Jesus...
    *Right hand up.. * I swear *
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:32 AM on May. 19, 2009

•  I am not too sure how to anwser this but you will know.

No one really knows what Jesus looks like other than what they describe in the bible back then they wore very loose clothy clothing and had long hair and a beard. That is all we know so I think once we see our Lord...We will just know. Jesus love you too!  smile

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:35 AM on May. 19, 2009

• NO one will recognize him but true believers in the one who Created Jesus and will send him back.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:39 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Jesus was Jewish, so he would have had the features of a Jew (the nose for instacne). But that does not mean he would come back in the same form now as he did then. He could come back as a woman this time. Or as a different race. And with as busy as people are now, i don't think alot of them would realize that it was Jesus, no matter how much they say they would. Don't you thin kif he was trying to test us, he would at least try to disguise himself?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:42 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Considering everyone will be watching for one of the Doobie Brothers in a robe, doubt it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:00 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I would like to think I would. Honestly though,can't say 100%. However, I have a feeling those who have accepted Him as their Savior would feel it was Him, and would recognize Him that way, if that's how it's meant to be.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:04 AM on May. 19, 2009

• There's that one Hispanic man named Jose Miranda that claims he's a direct descendant of Jesus, and that he is the second coming of Christ and so on and so forth. I'm not sure if he's the person you're talking about OP, but he has over 100,000 followers worldwide that believe he is in fact Jesus Dos. (lmao)

I'd probably do a double take if I saw Jesus just cruising down the street. Probably wave hey. Go on with my life.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:06 AM on May. 19, 2009

• If Jesus were to come and walk among us again... 1) He wouldn't look like the majority of the pics we see 2) He would have wholes in each wrist and in His feet and a whole in His side. 3) The bible tells us how He will return... here is one of the verses that tells us -

I Thessalonians 4:16-17, NIV. "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air."
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:45 AM on May. 19, 2009