could i be pregnant?

i took 2 different home tests. They were both positive. I went for a scan, but the dr couldnt see anything on the scan. I took a home test as well at the dr, and it showed neg. I am a week past AF. Can a home test be wrong?

Ann181

Asked by Ann181 at 9:27 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have been told that a home test can say "neg. " and be wrong due to the hormone level your body produces when preggers being low, but it can never say "pos." and be wrong. It only test for the preggers hormone so if it detects it then you are preggers. The only exception might be if you just lost a preg. and still have a bit of the hormone in your system.
    My home preg. test said pos. but the dr. office blood test said my hormone level was low and I had to use a vaginal cream to help it. That's all I know. GL
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 9:40 AM on May. 19, 2009