Stinky Neck

My 11 wk old has a few red spots around her neck and it looks raw and smells bad. I'm pretty sure its a yeast infection from the area being wet and dark. Anyone know of a really good anti fungal to use? We are using lotramin right now, the dr just said use any anti-fungal....

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 9:31 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would just wash her neck and make sure u dry it well. my dd had a smelly neck and it was really just droll formula and sweat and thats what i did and it was fine. maybe red from her moving her head? other then that i dont know but good luck..hope it gets better
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:34 AM on May. 19, 2009

• My DD had that too. Her pedi just gave me a sample of some creme but I'm sorry I can't remember the name. Just call her pedi, they may want to see her. If she does have a yeast infection and they want to give you a script ask if they have samples first because it's expensive.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:34 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I want to say that the Bourdex Buttpaste (diaper rash) cream has an anti fungal. I was told by a Dr. to use it when an antibiotic caused a yeast diaper rash on my lil man. It is easy to rub on and off. GL
    Try using a bib when feeding to help it not run into the chubby neck area.
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 9:34 AM on May. 19, 2009

• If it is a yeast infection it won't go away by just washing it and making sure it's dry.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:35 AM on May. 19, 2009

• use something like monistat and put it on her neck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:35 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I was thinking of using the monistat too. I think it will clear up faster....
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 9:40 AM on May. 19, 2009

• is it a yeast infection?? talk to doc first and see what they say. also agree with above ask for samples if they have them. ( on my post i was saying stinky neck and wash only due to my dd didnt have a yeast infection, it was just formula and stuff, if she had i would talk / see a doc ) so give her doc a call and see if she can be seen and see what they say. good luck..(:
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:44 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I would ask the doc. befor using Monistat, only becuase you want to be sure its safe... The box says don not use if preg. and so it may not be o.k for a little one.... I would just check....

My son got an awful yeast infection on his bottom, And I got a script for NYSTATIN CREAM USP... It worked great and fast!!! Good Luck!!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 9:47 AM on May. 19, 2009

• After bathing her dry her up very well and just use baby powder and constantly keep clean so anything anti fungal won't appear again. Poor baby I hope she feels better.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:52 AM on May. 19, 2009

• It sort of sounds like just formula getting around the neck and causing a bad smell but i'm not a doctor.
    Contact her pediatrician before treating it as a yeast infection.
    Mommy2Ava3509

Answer by Mommy2Ava3509 at 10:26 AM on May. 19, 2009