Bath or Shower?

I'm 28 weeks and love to take baths, but I read somewhere you aren't supposed to take baths while you're pregnant. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

jazzysmommy1004

Asked by jazzysmommy1004 at 9:47 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol seriously? i took them daily when pregnant with my little girl just dotn make it to hot keep it a litle cool , when your body temp rises it does hav ean affect on baby .
    ENJOY THE BATH !
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:49 AM on May. 19, 2009

• what mrs.owen said, you can take a bath, just not too hot
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 9:50 AM on May. 19, 2009

• yeah, i always took baths when i was pregnant with my two. however, I am used to taking very hot baths. but when you are pregnant you cannot have them too hot. so just watch the water temp.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:51 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I take a bath every night. Thats my time to myself where noone can bug me. And im now 32 wks. I was told when it gets further along then i shouldnt because something about the warm water can cause you to go into labor but i dont think thats true. But enjoy your bath! i do...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:52 AM on May. 19, 2009

• im not a bath person but when i was pregnant i took one ever so offten but i showerd after, baths are ok just not super hot ( like they dont recomend hot tubs. ) but i really think baths are ok. just they caugion to be careful getting out slippery..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:55 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I love my baths and I don't take as hot of baths cause I know that's not good but its the only time I don't feel all the weight from my tummy. I would hate it if I had to take showers.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 9:55 AM on May. 19, 2009

• they use to say that baths weren't good for pregnant women but i can't remember why.but recent studies have proven that baths have no negative effect on the baby,as long as it is not to hot,they have something about it in the book"what to expect when you're expecting"
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 9:57 AM on May. 19, 2009

• They used to say that it would cause infections. We now know that's not true. The vagina is self sealing, you have a mucus plug and the amniotic sac protects the baby. Enjoy your baths.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:03 AM on May. 19, 2009