10 Year old girl with Breast Cancer.

A 10-year-old girl has become the youngest person in America to be diagnosed with breast cancer.

Hannah Powell-Auslam has already undergone a mastectomy on her left breast after first being diagnosed what is considered an adult disease.

But last month the youngster was told the cancer had spread to a lymph node and she will need further treatment.
Doctors in California said they believe the 10-year-old, who is at least two years away from typical puberty, is the youngest person to suffer from breast cancer.

Hannah said: 'How could this happen, I am only 10-years-old. I did not even know what cancer was. I just kept crying and couldn't stop.

How on earth could this happen? That poor girl.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There is no answer on how it could happen but that is just awful. I pray she gets well.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on May. 19, 2009

• what do you mea how can it happen ?
    sad to say it is possible everyone can get breast cancer even your husband , it is just in the breast tissue you dont have to have boobs to get it .
    it is very sad and i hope that little girl makes it threw everything ok . il be praying for her
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:52 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Anyone with breast tissues can get cancer. And cancer is not prejudice - it attacks any body no mater the size, color, age, gender, etc.  There is no reason, it just is.  It sucks. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Poor girl.. the PPs are right though- breast cancer can happen in anyone at any age, even though its typically not a young person disease, its still possible.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:02 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I saw this on TV. Poor child. She came across as a dear child and optimistic. I hadn't thought about it, but the mother said that it is important that your child tell you when there is a change in their body, that the little girl felt the lump but assumed it was part of growing up.

Answer by Bmat at 10:03 AM on May. 19, 2009

• men get breast cancer too. Wow! However cancer is striking kids younger and younger these days. Poor girl.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:06 AM on May. 19, 2009

• unbelievable and they say get tested at 40. how sad for this young girl to deal with such a tremendous thing. we eat, drink and breathe enough junk to get just about anything.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:28 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I know it's the least of concerns with cancer but I can't imagine having a mastectomy before i even developed breasts. And as she starts growing, she won't be able to fix it until she's an adult because she won't know how big to make it. That will be a rough road for her.
    Debbie062008

Answer by Debbie062008 at 10:29 AM on May. 19, 2009

they also say get tested 5 - 10 years before the age that thw nearest relative that had breast cancer.
    i have to go get tested at 25 ish my mom had it at 35
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:36 AM on May. 19, 2009

• This is so sad. We will be praying for her.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 11:59 AM on May. 19, 2009