What is this black stuff behind my neck?

I have notice people have this (some) I cut my hair short and never noticed it until now I have this ring looking thing around the back of my neck (like right in the fold of it) it looks like dirt. WTF?

Could it be some kind of fatness stain?...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Health

• do you have brown/black spots on your knees and elbows as well?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:58 AM on May. 19, 2009

• it could be......dirt! Have you tried washing with soap and water? Scrubbing? :P
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:00 AM on May. 19, 2009

• No I do not.

And yes I have as soon as I saw it I started to scrub but it did not come off :(

What could it be???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Take a visit to your dr. are you dark skinned? for black people having a darker neck may be a sign of diabetes..
    Good Luck sweetie
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:18 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Perhaps a birth mark that you never noticed before? Or maybe you suffered some sun damage and that is the result? I read somewhere that excess iron in your system can pool in certain places and create skin discolorations. I have no idea how accurate that report was, so don't quote me there, lol. I would contact a physician and then if he comes to no conclusions see a dermatologist.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:57 AM on May. 19, 2009