I asked a question before about you handy helper's you've discovered and to share them.

What tricks have you learnt to make your daily routine run more smoothly?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 10:00 AM on May. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I totally agree with the diaper bag thing. With our son, when he was less that 18 months old, we had the big old style diaper bags. I could fit an entire box of wipes, half a pack of diapers, three changes of clothes, a can of formula, 6 bottles, two jackets, about 4 snacks, and half of the kitchen sink in this damn bag. When he was 18 months old, I got him a small backpack. He was so excited about ti that he carried it! Made my life so much easier. And, as far as doing housework, make a chart. What things need to be done what days and who is expected to do them. That way you don't get overwhelmed.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:10 AM on May. 19, 2009

• A smaller diaper bag... especially if your child is a toddler or older, you really only need one or two diapers, some wipes, a change of clothes, and some snacks. My diaper bag is now a stylish, though large, pocketbook. It's smaller than my diaper bag and that makes having to carry it with me a lot more convenient. And my son will carry it for me sometimes, which makes it a lot easier.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:02 AM on May. 19, 2009