What do BH contractions really feel like?

I am 29 weeks pregnant and I think I've been experiencing the infamous, Braxton Hicks contractions. I feel a strong sense of tightening in my lower back and something similar to a running cramp in my lower abdomen. It's become more intense each time, walking around subsides the whole experience but it's still bothersome. Can anyone explain if this really is BH?

ChrissMiss321

Asked by ChrissMiss321 at 10:10 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had them throughout all of my pregnancies. It's a feeling like tightening your fist and then opening it slowly. I would drink ice water when they would come on. My OB said it would help.
    If you're worried that it might be real contractions call your OB and go in for a visit. It's better to be safe, just in case they are..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:16 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I just had my son 5 weeks ago...go to contractionmaster.com for all the info you could ever want. ;o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:27 AM on May. 19, 2009