Good morning ladies! You know those little pools you can get at WalMart that have the pump?

Have any of you ever tried one?

How did it work out for you?

I'm thinking about getting one for my boys so I was just wondering.

violaswamp

Asked by violaswamp at 10:14 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mornin Viola!
    We had one, it was the 18' round. Cost us around 300 bucks. It lasted for 3 years and then I got the job I have now working for a pool company and we put a permanent one. I did hear of people having problems using them more than one year due to holes. But if you store them in a basement or out of the weather...my SIL had one stored in her barn and mice got too it, then it will last. As for the filter, we went to a local pool store and bought an upgrade for ours, money wasted! Those little pumps don't keep them very clean. The "vacume" is an old leaf catcher style you hook up to the hose, gets big things like leaves but not so good on sand and small particals. I think as long as you are not looking at it as a long term investment you are fine. Also, make sure wherever you put it it is very level! Water goes to its lowest point and even the slightest slope will cause it to drain on its own. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:58 AM on May. 19, 2009

• the ones that are like 3 or 4 feet deep? My sister bought one for her kids, Chloe still uses the baby pools, but My Niece and nephew love theirs and it was big enough for my sister to get in with them, Im sure your boys would love it!
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 10:20 AM on May. 19, 2009

• We bought the metal framed one last yr, had to take it down and are getting ready to set it back up. It was great last yr, our boys could swim anytime. It saved driving to the pool everyday. We're getting the saltwater pump to go on ours this yr. From what I've heard it saves a lot of money on chemicals and it's better for your skin, hair, etc..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:25 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I had one and would purchase another. BUT I would reccomend NOT getting one if you have a canine companion that will be tempted to jump on or in the pool. We lost our first one to a rambunctious puppy that thought the pool was his new scratching post.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 10:25 AM on May. 19, 2009

• we bought one last year but the hurricane gave it to our neighbors, lol. they're nice, me and DH would get in with the kids and just relax. easy maintainance as well. Setting them up is kind of a work out though, the vinyl is so heavy, but worth it, we're thinking about getting a second one.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 10:28 AM on May. 19, 2009

• ther nice for like one summer, then its hard to store and keep them.. i would just get the small one and start over next year.. they do the job perfect, you still have to use the chemicals in them just like a big pool..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:30 AM on May. 19, 2009

• we had one the kids loved it but after the kids would swim for the day it was dark green the next we would treat it and after another 24 hours they could swim just to have it green the next day, ( maybe we were doing something wrong ) we tried everything. did all it said to do but we never won the battle it was more work i was bummed by the end of summer my dh lost it and threw it out, we agreed next time we get the metal ring pool and try again lol. also with the blow up one we always had to put more air into the top ring it would deflate after a week or so.(told kids not to lean on it ) it was nice but alot of work for me in the mornings and work for dh on the weekends. i hope u have better luck then we did. xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:36 AM on May. 19, 2009

• We have one of those soft sided ones with the blow up ring around the top and we love it! they are alot of fun even me lol! And so cheap anyone can afford a pool, I really only have good things to say about it.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:40 AM on May. 19, 2009