What is a good curfew time for a 17 yr. old boy????

janetms29

Asked by janetms29 at 10:38 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• 11:00 p.m.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 19, 2009

• 10 on school nites, 11 on weekends, 12 on weekends if he is really reliable and checks in and stuff, grades are good, ect....
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:40 AM on May. 19, 2009

• At 17, it was 10 on school nights if we were working, 9 if we weren't. And I want to say Midnight if we had specific plans, or 11 if we didn't have specific plans. I am not certain about that, but I think that is what we had. Most of my friends had the same curfew as us. Other parents though, would call our parents to see the rules in our house. It was kind of weird knowing that my friend's rules were set up based off my parents expectations.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:41 AM on May. 19, 2009

• 10pm weekdays and 12midnight on weekends.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:43 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I was going to say 11 on weeknights and 12 on weekends if he is reliable and WILL absolutely be home. If he is not one to stick to curfews then 10 on weeknights and 11 on weekends. Mine was always 11 on weeknights and 12 on weekends and I was very good about it. I never got myself into any messes and I wasn't out having sex or anything like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Our 17 y/o daughter is very responsible, mature, reliable, and an excellent student, so we have set her school night curfew at 10:00 pm and her non-school night curfew at 12:00 am.

She has never stayed out as late as 10:00 pm on any night, but she likes that we trust her enough to give her an "adult" type curfew.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:14 AM on May. 19, 2009

• My 17 and 18yo Juniors have to be home by 8p on school nights unless they work (which they do 1-2 weeknights a week, until 10p) because they have homework. They don't usually go out on school nights though. On weekends they can only go out if they have clear plans & then they have to be home by midnight. They have to have their plans made before 8p and no one leaves the house after 9p. During breaks from school they have a 11p curfew on weeknights and midnight on weekends but they cannot go out every night.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:20 AM on May. 19, 2009

• 10 on weeknights, 11 on weekends
    barefootbchbum

Answer by barefootbchbum at 12:04 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I would say 11 or 12
    Anonymous

• I don't know why 9pm on school nights and 10 or 11pm isn't good enough for the weekends and summer time. Unless this child is employed and showing alot of maturity for his age, there's nothing going on out on the street or at someone elses home that an extra person needs to be there.

In other words, come 9pm we enjoy our privacy and quiet time before bed, so I personally don't enjoy another person in our home visiting, unless its a particular invite and reason. Just hanging out, and I want to be in pjs and enjoy down. My childrens friends were always encouraged to leave by that time, if not before. Not to mention that that child should be in their own home getting ready for bed and resting and spending time with their own family.

On the weekends, my kids kids that age were off the roads before 11pm. Nothing good going on out on the street after midnight and for that matter, 11pm.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:23 PM on May. 19, 2009