Where do you feel the "back pain" during contractions?

First off im not in labor or feeling this but am just wondering what to look out for when I do start getting them (if i do, some ppl dont have back labor) I know about the first signs of cramping but am unsure where the back pain will be starting, lower back? How low? Middle?

tjandjenna

Asked by tjandjenna at 10:39 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i felt it right above myy tail bone
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:40 AM on May. 19, 2009

• low as in between your hips, but honestly you can feel it a little higher too. You will know because its a cramping sensation, can be on the sides, low, high, all over....good luck. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:41 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Lower back.
    Mommy2Ava3509

Answer by Mommy2Ava3509 at 10:41 AM on May. 19, 2009

• for me it was lower back ( near the bum) in the middle
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:42 AM on May. 19, 2009

• It can be anywhere from the middle part of your back and lower. When i was having contractions last week thats where it was. But some people dont feel it at all.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:42 AM on May. 19, 2009

• im 36 weeks and woke up with dull ache in my lower back today prolly 3 inches above my tailbone. Didnt think anything about it. Start of labor soon? Or maybe just slept wrong?
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 10:44 AM on May. 19, 2009

• you stated "some people dont have back labor" but the truth is, most people dont have back labor! If your baby is facing the right direction then you wont have back labor at all so I wouldnt focus too much on stressing on that one
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:24 AM on May. 19, 2009

• mine was mostly in my lower back...
    barefootbchbum

Answer by barefootbchbum at 12:03 PM on May. 19, 2009

• lower back very uncomfortable
    nawnaw428

Answer by nawnaw428 at 8:25 PM on May. 19, 2009