Is my DD ok?

My 18 month old DD was having black tar like poop on Thursday, Friday and Saturday of last week and usually goes a couple of times a day. She hasn't pooped in 2 days and I'm getting really worried about the black poop now. Should I call her doctor or is this normal?

jflowers

Asked by jflowers at 10:41 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yeah call the doc. Black poop can mean alot of stuff and just get her checked out. I doubt its something serious tho. gl.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:43 AM on May. 19, 2009

• If I was in your shoes, I would call the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I would call the doctor. Hoepfully it's just something she ate that made it black... but black poop can mean too much iron or digested blood.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:47 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I will tell you about the time my stepson came home from his mom's after eating a palate of black water color paint. He pooped black for two weeks. However, he was fine. I would call the doctor, because under normal circumstances, fecal matter shouldn't be black.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:49 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I just got off the phone with the doctor and they said it could be the pediasure drinks i've been giving her. I've been told she has low iron (10) and she wont take poly-vi sol drops so I was giving her the drinks. If she doesn't go by tomorrow they want to see her. Thanks for all the advise!
    jflowers

Answer by jflowers at 11:03 AM on May. 19, 2009