Ok I have a 15 year old daughter and man does she whine for everthing.I made her clean her own bathroom and ugghh did she whine about it.

Hell i was cleaning bathrooms onmy knees at the age of 12 and doing alot of house work.Hell its like the older there geting ther stubborn there getting.But im not gonna give up .I ve been in the game alone raising 2 kids since they were 5&6.And boyeeee I never thought they would become teenagers this fast.My oldest is 16 and can't wait till he gets his summer job.They just think im the eviliest person.But i just want them to be resposible and learn things.What else is the best solution 2 get that threw there heads!

skittles74

Asked by skittles74 at 10:56 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Good for you! You are being a responsible parent and working hard on raising two responsible children. Tell them that they are part of the household and responsible for keeping the household running smoothly, which includes doing their share of the housework. They should each have their chores and do them.They want to be treated like adults, they should learn to behave and must take responsibility. Their own bedrooms and bathrooms? You don't ask them to change your bed, clean your bedroom, clean your bathroom, ask them why you should do theirs- you are already supporting them financially.

Answer by Bmat at 11:02 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Ha! That's cute! You put the question in the pre-schoolers section! You know what you need to do? Take pictures when they're rooms are really gross. My mom did that to me and she actually showed my boyfriend. I was so embarassed! That changed my attitude quick!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:07 AM on May. 19, 2009

• all I can say is........same here!!! agree! I guess it is a whole new age. I am sure that when we went from all farming families to having technology the moms back then said the same thing
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:07 AM on May. 19, 2009