Candle Making Business

Gel Candles, Soy Candles etc... Have you ever done it? Were you successful? Or, if not candle making what did you do? (Am due June 13th and am going to need to have some sort of income other than SO's and prolly time I get a hobby) I have a job now, dont get me wrong, but the thought of not working kinda makes me feel "worthless" (not to be offensive to SAHM's I am glad mothers are able to do so)

tjandjenna

Asked by tjandjenna at 10:58 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hey girl...there are a few groups on here for moms who make candles...search and join a couple. They can help you out. I looked into making candles but for myself it was going to be more time consuming than I anticipated and I didn't want to have the inventory...plus I didn't have the money for all the start up costs. There is a lot of money in it though... But I chose to just own my own business selling candles for another company. I am a demonstrator with Gold Canyon and I love it. If you would be interested in that you can send me a pm and I can send you some information about the company. Good luck in whatever you choose!! I am here if you want to chat or anything...
    Momm2Princess

Answer by Momm2Princess at 11:05 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Hi tjandjenna,

Would love for you to take a look at http://FreshCells.myarbonne.com
    I have a 4 and 5 year old that I stay home with and this really works for me. I can send you some info and free products to try if you'd like. Just leave me your info in my guest book on the stie.

Have a blessed day
    Doris - 832-755-9692
    http://www.arbonnefc5.com
    Botanic

Answer by Botanic at 11:07 AM on May. 19, 2009

• ty both..will look into both :)
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 11:12 AM on May. 19, 2009

• The gel candles are pretty toxic; you probably won't want those around your baby. There are other ways to work at home. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet and Microsoft Office Pro and have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs and clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who make children's hair accessories in her basement and sells them to boutiques around the midwest. I work out of my home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping and business organization; I also do career and job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, coverletters, job search strategy and interview prep. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 11:40 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Hey. I sell and love selling Avon and Usborne Books and More. I do Avon fulltime and Usborne as a hobby and make good money and have fun. Here are the sites to sign up www.start.youravon.com use ref code dhullum its only $20 to start and you get everything you need to begin selling asap. With Usborne visit www.ubah.com/u2688 go to "income opportunities" and click on "view specials" Its only $55 to start this month and that includes 10 titles! Just thought I'd offer a few other options! You can do craft fairs, fundraisers, book fairs/fairs at schools churches etc, sell online or through brochure and you aren't required to carry stock! The books in the starter kit for Usborne are plenty for show! Good luck!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:51 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I agree with momm2princess, gold canyon is a great way to make extra money. Super easy to do and this month is a great time to get started. You can start for FREE!!
    Tarabon

Answer by Tarabon at 1:56 PM on May. 19, 2009