• In the Spotlight:

how do you decide who is DD lol

so i have a dance solo coming up in 3 weeks...it will be the first time we both went out in a year....yea seriously....no babysitter. now i cant drink before my solo of course, nor would iw ant to. but the belly dance show is beind held at a nice venue with a huge bar. being we have not went out in almost a year.....one ofus wants to have a few drinks and the other drive. but we absolutely will not do even buzzed driving....so one of us has to be d/d. on one hand i want to drink after my show cause my nerves are going to be taunt as hell...on the other he wants to drink cause well, he just does lol. how do you decide which one of you is the dd? its not like we can really take turns....we dont go out very much. neither one of us wants to be DD lol. so we have to decide which one..and no we cant do a taxi, i have to bring gear with me like my sword etc. that i need to storein the car when im done and watching the other girls

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 11:01 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't drink..problem solved.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on May. 19, 2009

• wow thats great, way to not answer what i was actually asking...."who is dd" not "should we both refrain from 2-3 beers"

one of us wants to. and i see nothing wrong with going out having a few drinks. its not like we get drunk...that is just not appealing. but a few beers might not seem like a lot to some but even one beer and no driving...we dont bend that.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:11 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Could he have a drink or two before the dance and you get a couple afterwards? That way he'd have a couple hours to sober up before driving.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 11:12 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Or, take a taxi!
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 11:14 AM on May. 19, 2009

• i get what your saying....but we are really strict with if you have one beer...no driving...
    i realyze that honestly if you have one beer or two then drive a few hours later, you are fine.....but we dont push it.

i would take a taxi...but im gonna have a big gear bag with a sword, touch up makeup for right before i go on stage etc etc etc....and if we dont have the car then after mys how i have to lug it around while waiting for the rest of the dancers to finish and doing the photo's etc. afterwards

i might look into seeing if one of thte dancers will let me store my stuff in their car after my show then we could do a taxi. neither one of us is going to be drunk off our butt....but still
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:16 AM on May. 19, 2009

• It takes 1 hour to metabolize 1 beer. So if your DH limits himself to 2 beers before/during your show and then stops drinking drives at least 3 hours after his last drink, he will be fine. No BAC at all. If it's even longer, then he's fine for sure. He could also limit himself to 1 beer before the show. It really depends on how long you expect to be there after your show.

Either that or you toss a coin...

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:30 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I say toss a coin or just neither of you drink. Or if he usualy has a drink or 2 at home and you dont then this should be your night to have a few. Good luck hope you figure something out.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:36 AM on May. 19, 2009

• you have no friends or family who will be going to watch you perform who could drive?

Answer by admckenzie at 12:43 PM on May. 19, 2009

• no..we are military...we dont live near any family.

im going to have one or two after my performance. i told him why on tjust have one beer at the beginning, it is a 2 hr show plus we might hang around a bit after...but he said ohh no....
    so ok im gonna have a drink or two and he's not
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:47 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I say take a cab
    Anonymous