Would you spend eternity without your kids?

I know someone who gets himself worked into tears, because he believes his adult sons are not going to heaven because they are having sex with their girlfriends. Personally, its not heaven to me if my children aren't there, and I want nothing to do with a God who would send them to hell. If they're going to hell, I'm going to hell.

How about you? In your particular brand of afterlife, would you be willing to spend it without your children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I couldn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I would be heartbroken if they didn't choose to follow Jesus, but I wouldn't join them in hell either. It's not like we'd be standing around enjoying the bonfire in each others presence anyway...lol! I believe it is my job to raise my kids to know about God and how to get to Heaven and to pray that they choose to follow the right path.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 11:08 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Oh, and just because his sons are having pre-marital sex doesn't mean they aren't gong to heaven. We're ALL sinners and fall short of God's standards. I'm sure dad has issues in his life that aren't pleasing God either. There's no possible way he can know their hearts. Only God knows who is joining him in Heaven, so if I were him, I wouldn't jump on the "they're going to hell" bandwagon.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 11:10 AM on May. 19, 2009

• No, in my belief of afterlife that wouldnt happen. I do not believe in hell and the God(s) I worship wouldnt do something like that. They are about love not do or go to hell.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:11 AM on May. 19, 2009

• This is why I prayed so hard for my children to accept Christ,and did the best I could to be an example after I was saved. And, they did want to be saved. Not because I pushed, or forced. My husband and I literally became new people overnight. I knew something special had happened to me, I could feel the difference. However, as in all things, God gives us free will. We can choose to exercise that free will to follow Him,and have the promise of eternal life with Him,or we can choose to exercise that free will to renounce Him, not accept Jesus as our Savior,and let the chips fall where they may. I think once we get to Heaven, we will be so enamoured of God and Jesus, we won't realize others are not there. God will give us new bodies,and we probably won't know who's there, or care. We will just be praising God,and loving the ones who are there.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 11:19 AM on May. 19, 2009

• It would be difficult, but once you reach a certain age you are responsible for your own actions. It's not God's fault that they choose to do what they do. Everyone has a choice. All that man can do for his sons is talk to them and tell them how he feels, and pray that they will see their wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on May. 19, 2009

• never.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 11:22 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Well, if there is in fact no afterlife, then I guess I'll have to and I won't be the wiser.

If there is in fact an afterlife, then no, I couldn't spend it without my daughter.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:27 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I don't worry about an afterlife. I love them, cherish them and spend as much time with them as I can in THIS world.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:36 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I don't plan on spending eternity without my kids. As far as I know (no one can know the state of anyone else's soul), they are all saved, and I will be seeing them again in heaven. You can neither earn salvation, nor can it be removed from you. There is nothing you can do that will take you out of His hand once you've accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Even after salvation, you can and will commit sin and still remain a child of the King. So while your friend can be upset over the sins of his children and pray for them to confess and repent, he needn't worry about seeing them again in heaven if they're saved by the blood of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 12:01 PM on May. 19, 2009