what food

what food would you suggest starting a 6month old baby on??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dr told me to try 1 new food per week to check for food allergies. Try the basics first from the fruits and veggies: apples, bananas, pears, peaches, green beans, carrots, squash. Once you have seen that their is no reaction you can start giving them mixed vegetables and like apple/pear sauce.
    chela17

Answer by chela17 at 11:17 AM on May. 19, 2009

• We had started at 4 months, so they were starting on finger and table foods at 6 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:25 AM on May. 19, 2009

• My son has been eating fruits and veggies since 3 months... Dont judge!! We tried to start with peas... they were a no go!! lol, so we ended up starting with prunes.. he was on prune juice 2 a day anyways!! Good Luck!!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 11:29 AM on May. 19, 2009

• first foods are easy to make on your own! steam up a sweet potato, puree, mix with some water, breastmilk or formula , let cool down and serve. you can also offer a ripened mashed up banana, also watered down (BM, F or water). if you got a lot left you can freeze the food in ice cubes overnight, then pop em out and store in a freezer back, they are good for about a month. an ice cube is about 1-1.5 servings. and you gotta wait a few days between each single food to test for allergies. when beginning solids, you only need to offer about a tablespoon worth as a meal then progress to more per serving, and its best to do so in the morning to see for allergic reactions throughout the day. solids at this age is only for practice. get them used to texture, taste, get used to sitting at a meal, and to test for good allergies. otherwise formula/BM is all the baby needs!
    www.wholesomebabyfood.com is a great website
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:25 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I started with green beans and carrots first. They say to start off with veggies first since fruits are sweet. But like most said stick with the same one for a week so that you can check for any type of allergy. Just because your baby spits it out doesn't mean that they don't like it, I believe that's just their reaction to it. Good Luck.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 1:29 PM on May. 19, 2009

• well are you starting baby foods or table foods?

at 6 months we were on table foods...
    green beans, carrots, beets, potatoes, peas, pears, mango peaches, apples, yogurt
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 7:20 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I started my EBF baby on baby food at 6 months. We started with green peas. My son actually prefers veggies to fruit. He'd rather have turnips than bananas.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 8:13 AM on May. 20, 2009