What kind of party is memorable, fun, and affordable for a little boy turning 2?

I would like to plan a small party for about 5 kids for my son who's turning 2 in July, but I keeping hitting mental blocks on how to get things going. I am definitely welcoming any suggestions.

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• what is his favorite thing to play with? plan a party that would be fun to him. My son had two birthday parties, (the grand parents don't get along) so one party we had a monster jam theme and the second party we had a Cars theme. I just decorated my home (monster jam theme) with brown and white streamers, a whole lot of balloons, a caked that had a dirt track arena and a real monster truck. i made favors of little suckers and candies.

with the Cars theme, I used Red and Yellow streamers, with a whole lot of balloons, favors were the same, and a cake in the shape of Lightening McQueen.
    Since your son's birthday is in July you can have a themed party along with a slip n slide or a big kiddy pool. It would be a Kiddy pool party.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:15 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I am all for old fashion home party with pizza and pin the tail on the donkey, balloons and candy and a big homemade cake with his favorite characters. you can get lots of stuff at the dollar stores.. We did this when my son was 2 and we have photos of him and his little buddies. He is now 12 and looks at photos with the memory of his mom and dad taking the time to create a fun home party. It really doesn't take much to please a two year old.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 11:16 AM on May. 19, 2009

• We went to chuck e cheese and it was kind of a flop. It was all noisy and frenetic and I think he was too young to be into it, he wasn/t scared exactly but kind of overwhelmed. So I would say go to a park (assuming it's coming up soon) and get a big bubble-blower and a cake and favors in a them that he likes (trains, pirates, construction, zoo, jungle, cowboy, etc) and maybe cook out and have the kids play in the park. Felipe has a November bday so we can't do a park party and I always want to :o(
    Good luck!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:59 AM on May. 19, 2009

• i swear i just posted this exact thing! My son is also turning 2 in July and I'm thinking of doing something summer related.....i like the favors in things he likes idea.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 12:34 PM on May. 19, 2009

• memorable for who? The 2 year old will not remember it unless he watches a video or looks at pictures from it.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:20 PM on May. 19, 2009