Help with my 2 1/2 yr old with potty training.....

My daughter is gonna be 3 in October and refuses to go in the potty.... I wake her up and she always has a dry pamper but when I say " hey lets go potty in the big gil potty" she always says no Kiki goes in pamper. We used to be doing it really well with it but she just quit on us. Anybody please help....

Angels_mom1020

Asked by Angels_mom1020 at 11:11 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Something we used when our little ones didnt want to go was a potty timer, (i used the ktchen stove tmer) i set it for every 20 min and explained that we had a new house rule when the potty timer went off it WAS time to try to potty. I would say "I know you dont want to go right now but the potty timer went off and thats the new rule" Its harder to argue with a timer vs parents. And I always praised even if they didnt go
    AlishaK126

Answer by AlishaK126 at 11:31 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I've potty trained three kids (one girl and two boys) and for me a "potty song" helped.After they would go to the bathroom we would sing the "potty song" and dance.My sister uses a reward system and it worked for her with her three year old.She would use the bathroom and they would give her a small treat.They also went to the store and let her pick out some "big girl" undies.I did that wth the three that I trained and it helped.You also have to remmber what works for one child wont always work with yours.Good luck and I hope that maybe one of these will help or work for your child
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 4:45 PM on May. 19, 2009