Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I have been ttc for 2 years now and have had no luck. If I want to get on clomid or another med to help do I see a gyn or some other specialist? Also, do you think they would give it to me after 2 years of trying? I don't have a regular gyn here so I would have to find a new one.


Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • Find a good ob/gyn and make an appointment. Before he/she puts you on anything, they will want to examine you and possibly run a few tests first. Two years of trying is more than enough time to assume that something might not be right. It took me almost 2 years of trying (I have PCOS).. got pregnant on my second month of Clomid and just celebrated my son's 1st birthday. Good luck :)

    Answer by Mandarina23 at 5:46 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • after a year you are considered having some form of fertility problem. I took clomid that I got from the obgyn after 5 years. I have crappy insurance. Good luck.

    Answer by pagirl71 at 11:19 AM on May. 19, 2009

  • My obgyn put me on clomid after trying for 8 months but we also found out I had pcos

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on May. 19, 2009