Have you ever had this happen?

I just checked my final grades for the semester. I knew I was going to end up with an A and a B...but when I looked at the final grades I was really shocked because in the class I got an A in my A was a really low on. 92%..but I got an A on all but two assignments in that class, and those two assignments were B's. Does this make sense? Shouldn't it have been a higher A? It's not a big deal, I was just wondering if this had happened to anyone else?

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 11:43 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• An A's an A quit your honkin!
    Anonymous

• It depends on how low the b's were and what you probably got on your final. All of these play a part as well as what percentage they are of your final grade.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:45 AM on May. 19, 2009

• It depends on what the scores were on all the assignments. but hey congrats on getting 2 A's! Thats great! Keep up the good work in school! =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:48 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I got a 94% on my final, and both B's were 88%'s, so they were barely B's!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:49 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Everything isn't always given the same weight. Perhaps assignments only counted for, say, a tenth of the grade, the final counted half, the other tests the remaining 40%. Perhaps the lower grades you got were for something weighted lower. But you did very well indeed! Congratulations!

Answer by Bmat at 11:52 AM on May. 19, 2009