• In the Spotlight:

My son can WHISTLE through his nose?!!?

Good morning ladies! I have no idea if this is truly a medical thing, but my 4 year old can whistle through his nose... Just as I would whistle with my mouth he blows out his nose and it whistles, loud (not when he breathes, his breathing is clear)! He has done this for at least 6-8 months. It is bizarre, he whistles "Jingle Bells" with his nose. It's hilarious! It sounds almost like a train whistle. What would cause this? I was just wondering if it was common or not. He had sinus surgeries, tubes, and an adenoidectomy when he was about 18 months old... he had a lot of sinus trouble when he was a baby/toddler. Anyway, thanks, just wondering what could cause this loud whistle from my son's nose!!!

danielsmommy2b

Asked by danielsmommy2b at 11:44 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Kids' Health

• thats so awesome...I dont know what would cause that, but i bet its amusing
    barefootbchbum

Answer by barefootbchbum at 12:22 PM on May. 19, 2009