turetts (sp?)

for those of you who's kids have it, when did you realize it? what were the symptoms and at what age did it start? my dh's nephew has it, he blinks alot. well i've been playing with my son today and noticed he's been blinking his eyes alot like my dh's nephew...now it's got me worried. should i bring it up to the doctor? is there anything they can do? oh he's 26 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Tics can be a sign of other neurological disorders, not just Turettes.
    Statistically the chances of your nefew and son both having it are fairly low but for your own peace of mind go get it checked out.
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 12:12 PM on May. 19, 2009

• You could mention it to your sons doc at his next appointment. It could be that your son just blinks alot. Tourettes can be tics, blurting out swear words or other inappropriate words, muscle spasms. I also think Tourettes comes on later than your son is.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:51 PM on May. 19, 2009