IS IT SAFE???

For a 1yr old to have any kind of eggs? My daughter is 13 months now and I'm running out of ideas for breakfast, I always get the microwaveable pancakes and french toast sticks, ceral or those toaster studels or I try to give her some fruit but she's not really into fruit all that much, but she just doesn't want to eat any of that stuff anymore, so I thought about cooking some eggs and trying that but my SIL told me kids aren't suppose to have eggs untill 2yrs, so do any of you know if thats true or have you given your LO eggs and they were fine?

Mamamegan

Asked by Mamamegan at 11:58 AM on May. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• they can have eggs after one year. my kids have been eating eggs since they were 10 months. they only want you to wait due to possible allergies. My kids eat a variety of things for breakfast, pancakes, waffles, eggs-scrambled, fried, omelets, toaster scrambles, cereal, pop tarts, toast, yogurt with fruit. I usually used the gerber jar fruit until I decided to get the yogurt with fruit in it.

sounds like you are doing fine. good job.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:01 PM on May. 19, 2009

• ive been giving my lo eggs since she was able to eat solid foods. shes fine, she loves eggs, i ask her what she wants for breakfast and its always eggies and gogurt (yogurt but she calls it gogurt) but i chose the all natural cage free eggs, or i buy organic from the famers themselves....or little shops that they run. but she is 100% fine, ive never heard of not giving them eggs if thats true then why are you not suposed to?
    Anonymous

• I fed my daughter eggs. She is 10, happy healthy and alive. :)
    almostcrazee

Answer by almostcrazee at 12:01 PM on May. 19, 2009

• they arent supposed to have eggs until they are 1 yr old. But since she is 13 m it should be fine. I gave my oldest eggs before he was 1 (i didnt know they werent supposed to have them) and he did ok. Same with my youngest.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 12:01 PM on May. 19, 2009

• never mind on my why not....i read the other answer it wasnt there when i started typing
    Anonymous

• My SO told me they can start to eat eggs at 8 months but you just have to keep an eye out for an alergic reaction. Your LO will be fine.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:03 PM on May. 19, 2009

• eggs are ok after 1 year! they caution before 1 year because of the high allergy risk. since she hasnt had them yet, start with just the yolk, then after a few days if you see no food allergy, offer the whole egg.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:03 PM on May. 19, 2009

• We started giving our son eggs when he was about a year old, maybe earlier--I can't remember. He loves them--scrambled, hard-boiled, in egg salad. Kids shouldn't eat more than 3 eggs per week, though. I've never heard of waiting until they're 2...
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 12:03 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Thanks so much for all the answers, I think I'm gonna try giving her some eggs now! lol She'll probably love them!!!
    Mamamegan

Answer by Mamamegan at 12:05 PM on May. 19, 2009

• At her age, my son loved sausage biscuits, not the frozen kind. I cut up and cooked from the chub. He also loved oatmeal with a spoonful of peanut butter in it. You could try these too.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:12 PM on May. 19, 2009