How is everyone feeling today?

I am preggo and feeling really depressed...as a matter of fact my doctor asked me if I was depressed, I said no but I think I am. I know you go through alot of things during pregnancy but I am beyond being exhausted. I am almost to the end of my pregnancy and have all these things over my shoulder. I get up every day hoping I will feel different but I the end of the day I just break down in tears...sometimes for no reason and I can't stop. I am happy about the baby...I am not happy about my family's financial situation once the baby comes. It was like life was perfect when I first got pregnant and then the job loss came and now it seems like the whole pregnancy has been stress and it's causing problems in my relationship. sorry just needed to vent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Don't be afraid to speak up about it or of how people will act towards you. The people who care and love you can be your greatest support system through this and depression isn't YOUR fault. It's a chemical imbalance that needs to be taken care of in order to get better. That is nothing to be ashamed of. I've had depression and anxiety since I was 7 and getting help was my smartest choice. Worry about getting yourself feeling better so that you can give your all to your child. By the way, you WILL be a great mother! I encourage you to talk to your husband about it and your doctor and let them help you threw this. You aren't letting anybody down what so ever, it's just a rough patch in your life.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:24 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Hormones.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 12:02 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Im feeling the same way. This is my first pregnancy and for the past month my SO has been coming home to me crying and the only reason i can tell him is i dont know. I went into pre term labor last monday and i think im having contractions agian. My back is killing me I feel like anything that i eat im going to throw up and i just want my SO to come home from work so we can lay down in bed and he can hold me. And thats only half of it. I hope things start to get better for you. Im only 32 wks so i still have a bit to go. Good luck with your pregnancy
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:06 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Ok deep cleansing breath in..........let it out! Do this three times slowly in a row when you are feeling overwhelmed. Honey I have been through job loss, foreclosure, utility disconnections,divorce, no child support, you name it. I have learned in 42 years that there is nothing in life worth freaking out over. Good times and bad times never last, they all pass. So enjoy the good, breathe through the bad. Your baby can be fussy if you have such a high strung stressful pregnancy...so not worth it! Crying always helped me. It is the hormones. Just go with it rather than fight it. It is easier. Your baby will be here and you will forget aaaalllll about this stress crap. Just try to stay calm, get the big picture, fix what you can, lean on family and friends, or us out here in internet land, this too WILL pass I promise you'll see!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:21 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Awww=[ I know how you feel, EXACTLY how you feel. You just have to keep your head up and know that everything will work out the way it is supposed too. Once you see your baby's face, I'm sure all those feelings will change. And if you think you ARE depressed, Don't hide it from your doctor, it can get worse and it's one of the worst feelings in the world.
    Good luck and Congrats on your little one<3
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:04 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Thank you Marix3, I just feel like if I say I am then people will start acting weird towards me and I know my husband would be more concerned or if I am letting him and my kids down. I do think it has gotten worse. My husband as always had a decent job but I've always made more money and without it I am feeling like I can provide even though my husband tries. I spend alot of time wishing my baby will come sooner like it will be the answer to all our prayers and I keep telling myself to stop thinking like that because the baby is not ready. I've shut my husband down and sometimes my kids. I just hide and cry. I pray and hope that things will be okay..soon and that I am able to be a good mom, mentally and emotionally to this baby after it comes.
    Anonymous

• I'm 8 months along & have a 10yr,6yr, &2 yr old. I know what you mean.. I upset easily also. maybe you can talk to your hubby, a counselor, priest, or a friend it might make you feel better. please be honest with your doctor. also keep your self rested & when not rested keep busy.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:44 PM on May. 19, 2009