need ideas for second birthday

My son will be turning two in July and I'm stumped as to what kind of party we should have. We'd thought about doing Wonder Pets; the website has a cake recipe and I've got the bobbleheads I could put on it. But we think that we'll put lots of energy into parties next year as he starts to remember them more. I'm thinking just some sort of summer theme, but thats where I'm stumped. What are you/did you do for your kid's second birthday?

m4m4

Asked by m4m4 at 12:26 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We did Sesame Street with an Elmo cake for the 2nd Birthday. I made the cake from a pan that had Elmo in a party hat holding an Ice scream.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:28 PM on May. 19, 2009

• you can do water balloons, slip n slide, a small pool party,

I put a whole lot of energy into my kids birthday parties..even their first birthday parties. Remember, this is the day 2 years ago you were holding your little baby for the first time. I had 25 people at my kids first birthday party( i have a big family so they come when the kids sneezeLOL) but i make punch and it is so delicious

lime sherbert ice cream, 2lt of ginger ale, Dole Pineapple juice. it is so good and refreshing.
    make sausage balls, pigs in a blanket, chips and dip..all of this is pretty cheap and kid friendly. have fun
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:30 PM on May. 19, 2009