Jon and Kate Plus 8...So I have to ask....

What's everyone think of all the chaos that's going on in the media about the 2? Think it's for real? And if so how much of it do you believe? Is he at fault, she at fault, or is it the media to blame?
Me- I'll leave my opinion to myself til I can gather more information.

lifegoeson2

Asked by lifegoeson2 at 12:29 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Entertainment

• They are both stupid and to blame. Kate was quoted in People magazine saying " I didn't realize I signed up for this...having people follow me around and write about it". Um, she didn't realize that when she signed up to have her personal life become a tv series on tlc? If she didn't, she's not the sharpest tool in the shed. Jon on the other hand suffers from what most men suffer from and that's lacking the ability to see how things are inappropriate in the context. Even if he had gone to a bar with a "guy" friend of his, it still would have made him look bad because society doesn't deem "bar hopping" acceptable for a married, family man. They signed up for it....the good, the bad and the ugly. I hope they get off the money train and get back to taking care of their kids.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:38 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I think what Kate meant by her quote about "Not knowing" that she signed up for this was in responce to tabloids & paparazzi. She wanted to do a show that captured their unique life style both for profit and for memory. I can't see anyone having that many children and not taking the oppertunity to help the family where they can. If that means a tv show, then so be it.

The thing is that we don't know the truth... we really don't. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't or vice versa but why is it our place to send them to the chopping block? They're only human, just as any of us make mistakes. Television does not set them apart from that, it does not automatically make you perfect.

Everyone needs to just leave the issue alone. If you don't like them, if you're not interested in anything other than worsening a situation then don't watch the show! Don't read the books or the magazines.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:01 PM on May. 19, 2009

• If I treated my husband like Kate treats Jon, he would have hit the bars long ago.
    Anonymous

• I think they are living proof of the saying "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it." They wanted to use their kids for fame and fortune,and did just that,and got it,and now what? They are tabloid fodder. Hard to feel sorry for either one of them. I do pity those poor kids,though. They are forever stigmatized,and will never be able to have a normal life, cause Mommy and Daddy are greedy idiots.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:16 PM on May. 19, 2009

• First of all, I will say that we only really know what goes on in front of the cameras. But the way she seems to treat him is really crappy. I think he is a good dad, and she just seems like she is kind of disconnected from the kids. They had to know though that by signing up for the tv show that they would be followed in their "off" time too. I would expect it if it were me. Well I would never put my family on tv because i don't want my kids exploited, but I can understand it to a point. I wont' venture to guess who is really doing what. With all the pictures out of Jon with this other girl, it looks suspicious but there's the rumors about Kate and the bodyguard too. Who knows what kind of arrangements they have in their marriage.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:08 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I personally dont like either of them...I think its terrible there raising there children in front of the camera...theyre definently gonna grow up with serious issues expecially with all the family issues there having now...I see drugs in there future...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 3:50 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Anon 12:15 -- AMEN.
    oh__you

Answer by oh__you at 10:24 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Who cares? It's not my life or my place to judge what another family does. If I had 8 kids to take care of, I would be just as anal as Kate, if she wasn't her house would be in chaos.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:32 PM on May. 19, 2009

• at first i thought, of course he's cheating! and she sucks. i have no respect for those reality tv stars. and she has no right to complain. she wanted everything she has and worked hard for it. those babies did not just "occure" she went through alot to get that family that size. and whoring your life on tv doesn't just happen either. if it did i would have jumped on the money and band wagon long ago! i don't feel sorry for jon or kate. they both suck. the kids i feel for, but hey, with the success of the show they should have plenty left over for therapy.

then i thought: i never gave a hoot about the show or the people until i heard he was cheating... this is probably a big publicity stunt. the show was boring as hell. i only watched it for the train wreck of how badly she treated him... it was better than springer!
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 11:18 PM on May. 19, 2009