Is it true that you cant dye your hair when you're pregnant?

Its not really a big deal either way, just curious.

holly082290

Asked by holly082290 at 12:35 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They dont reccomend it in your first tirmester but there is nothing proving that it does any harm to the baby. I colored my hair and im told that my baby is doing great. Im still pregnant with my first. I think as long as you dont do it all the time and your in a well ventilated room then there shouldnt be a problem.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:37 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I got highlights during both pregnancies. It's not good to bleach  your hair during pregnancy.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:41 PM on May. 19, 2009

• No, you can color your hair. It's not going to hurt your baby.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:42 PM on May. 19, 2009

• You can die your hair-For years they thought it was bad and it was, there was this chemicel in it that made it dangerious, however for the past 10 years or so it has been taken out of ALL hair dye- Also if it makes you feel better some solons have "pregnancy safe dye" its prolly not any safer but its sure more expensive-
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:47 PM on May. 19, 2009

• you can color your hair, it doesnt get into your bloodstream or anything and the professional dyes are now scented so that it doesnt smell too bad. the real reason this myth started is because your hormones are different when youre pregnant so the color might take differently to your new growth than the dye thats aleady in the ends but your stylist should know how to prepare for that, and it hardly ever happens anyway. =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 12:51 PM on May. 19, 2009

• yes you can eather get high lites (becouse it dosnt get on the scalp) or use non amonia(semi-perminamt) color ask local salons if they have it....
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 12:54 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I asked the same question a few weeks ago on here but My Doctor said after the 14th week it should be ok to dye your hair!
    Mamamegan

Answer by Mamamegan at 1:00 PM on May. 19, 2009

• nope...i dyed my hair and nothing went wrong...
    CJK_2009

Answer by CJK_2009 at 1:03 PM on May. 19, 2009

• No, its not true.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:33 PM on May. 19, 2009

• My DR said I could dye my hair in a well ventilated area after I was out of my first trimester. I dyed my hair while I was pregnant with both of my kids and they are 2 1/2 years and 15 months and never had a problem yet!
    Vsoul0608

Answer by Vsoul0608 at 5:22 PM on May. 19, 2009