What do u think about Elizabeth- worlds oldest Mom @66?

A British woman is eight months pregnant due to give birth a month before her 67 th birthday. What do u think about this? What do u think the oldest age should be for invetro babies? Is it safe @ this age for Mom and baby? Should doctors have a age limit given by the government for invetro? My Mom had her last child @ 46yrs. and it was a high risk pregnancy, but my sibbling is healthy and normal, conceived the old fashioned way. I think their should be some age cut off-like 50 due to health risk to Mom & baby. What do u think?

pamom222

Asked by pamom222 at 12:42 PM on May. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think it is wrong because there is a good chance that that child will lose it's mother at a young age. Also no matter what good of shape she is in I don't see how she can handle a toddler at 69 years old. I have a little girl and my mama is 63 and in really good shape, but after having my daughter for 7 or 8 hours straight she gets tired. I think the dr. that helped her get pregnant should have his license pulled, because that was completely irrisponsible. A dr. oath is first DO NO HARM. And a woman about to be 67 having a baby is harm. i also thimk that mother is very selfish.
    Anonymous

• I think its none of my business.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:43 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I think that is her decision. She wanted to be a mother, who are we to judge her on her decision. Wouldn't you do anything to be able to have your own children? Who cares about age? Just because she is in her 60's doesn't mean she won't live to be 90. Give it a break. This world is so judgmental.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:45 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Im just saying this woman is divorced and if she dies her child will not have a parent!!!!!
    Anonymous

• What if she dies giving birth - like a heart attack- should the dotor be @ fault then??? I think there should be a age limit.
    Anonymous

• It is ur business when the child is an orpahan and the governments responsbillity, and the risk for medical problems increases with age. Their should be a cut off age , maybe 50, that is the responsible thing to do.
    Anonymous

• If she wanted a child why didnt she do it when she was younger?? Maybe she wants the publicity and money she gets from interviews.
    Anonymous

• I think it's a selfish act. I mean the kid will be 13 with an 80 year old mom. Talk about a generation gap! Who really wants to talk about safe sex, birth control, puberty with their close-to-greatmother?
    Anonymous

• She isn't the worlds oldest mum. She is going to be britains oldest mum.

I just don't care anymore. Its her own choice. If she wants to take such a risk. Fine. Let it be on her conscience if something goes wrong.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 1:48 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I feel sad for her child. It's not only her that is 66 but its her eggs too. Something will not be right. Nevermind that she will have no relationship with her child.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 2:35 PM on May. 19, 2009