parents getting angry -- would you?

parents angry over their children being put in timeout (or whatever their schooling does to discipline). the children are autistic or "special needs". in my opinion : if you want them treated better or different than normal kids , dont send them to public schools!!! in my school (hs and jr high) we had a certain classrooms for them,they had their own lunch pd,and own bathrooms...it was peacful that way-no interruptions...idk not every school is like that i guess,idk ...

so...if u were sending your 'special needs' child to a regular school would u be upset if they disciplined them for disrutpion like they discipline the normal students?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on May. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• So-should they just be allowed to act that way and disrupt the class? What about the education of the other kids? Should they never be punished? I don't have a special needs child but if there was one constantly interupting and taking the teachers time away from the rest of the class-then I think that something should be done about it.
    Anonymous

• Some people are just irritated about everything, come on even when you enroll you kids they ask if they are special needs, and should be put in special needs classes, there only hurting the kids by not putting the kid in the class they need and it is the parents falt that they didn't want them in the right class. What do they exspect the teacher to do, when there kid is acting out, they can't just stop the whole class and attend to them, it wouldn't be fair to other students.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:57 PM on May. 19, 2009

• same here!! we had this one in our highschool , who would always ask to go to the office (which sold crackers and such) and instead hed run around SCREAMING into all the classrooms!!! he was in 'the box' (in school suspension) everyday!! ... i just dont see why parents get mad when its needed!!
    Anonymous

• yes, it's like making a kid in a wheel chair run laps around the gym or making a kid with only one arm type with both hands. Just because the disability is on the inside rather then the outside, it's the same difference.
    Anonymous

• IF YOU ENROLL UR KID IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS-THEY'RE GOING TO GET DISCIPLINED FOR WHATEVER THEY NEED TO BE!! MAD? SEND EM TO A SPECIAL SCHOOL OR HOMESCHOOL!!!! TEACHERS DONT NEED TO STOP CLASS TO DEAL W/ UR KID WHO SHOULDNT EVEN BE IN A CLASS W/ REGUALR KIDS!
    Anonymous

• I think its good that they are disiplined the same. I dont feel that they should be babied. They still need to learn. And treating them differently wont do that. A close friend of mines brother is "special" and i talked to him about it because he is verry smart and he told me that he wants to be like everyone else. He didnt like when people treated him different because he is special. All that does is make them feel more out of place then they already are.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:02 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I hope all of you meanies have a baby born with down sydrome or are autistic. Then you will see firsthand how cruel all of these thoughts are.
    Anonymous

• If they are functional and capable of behaving then no I would not have a problem with it at all. IF no, they are not functional to that degree, then they should not be in that class. I understand putting the kids with disabilities in "normal" classes so they can develope the same and not be outcasts. BUt if they cannot function in that class, then they need special treatment and should go to another school or have otherhelp at home.
    Anonymous

• I think they need to be in a different classroom than other students. My nieces school sent papers home saying they were 2 months behind,because of disruptions of another student. They had a meeting to explain it to the parents , and my sister came home and said that the reason they're behind other 2nd grade classes in the school is because of a 'special needs' student who spends a whole day on 1 paper and refuses to move on , so the teacher makes the other students wait. Now in my schools when you were'nt finished and the other students were,you moved on and came back to it afterwards. These schools needs to think about the students that really matter , and help them first! This is why i think my kids will be homeschooled by our family friend ... I want them to get all the attention they deserve , not be put on hold for someone who should'nt be there!
    Anonymous

---
    That was rude! I would never wish such things on people!!!!
    Anonymous