• In the Spotlight:

Do you hate it when people touch your belly?

Iknow some women feel its a personal thing that no one else should touch but im totally cool with it, i think its cute and its an amazing experience.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have only had one person touch my belly and that was when i went to the inlaws for easter. It was the first time me and my SO meet his aunt and she always wanted to touch it. It was kinda weird but i didnt mind. I figure shes family better than a total stranger walking up to me.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:55 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I didn't mind at all... infact all of my coworkers were hugging me and rubbing my belly... i thought it was cute
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 12:57 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I am one of those few that can not stand others touching my belly. The only besides me that was allowed to touch it was my husband.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:58 PM on May. 19, 2009

• It kind of annoys me because most of the time it's people I know and they say things like, "oh your belly is alot bigger than last week" Well no kidding it is, I'm pregnant it's supposed to grow! I don't mind if hubby or my other kids do but if your going to touch it keep the comments to yourself lol!
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 12:58 PM on May. 19, 2009

• oh my gosh... i used to have random people at the mall come up and touch my belly. i hated it. and everyone stared at me and i hated it. it made me feel awkward haha. i didn't care if family did it. but it was strangers that really got me. I once had a lady grab my hand and start praying for me and the baby and my delivery and a healthy baby. Now, I'm a christian but that freaked me out! LOL
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:58 PM on May. 19, 2009

• PS I have a bigger problem with strangers toching my dogs lol
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 12:59 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I used to have this woman at my work who would constantly stand behand me and put her arms around my body and rub my belly down and talk to my son-it was SOOOO weird, and made me feel VERY unconforatble- it was the way my husband hugs me-from behand, thats what made it even worse, anyway I guess I let her do it and didnt say anything about it because she had cancer and was going threw kemo, and couldnt have kids of her own because she had to get all her stuff taken out- I wanted her to make it so bad through the pregnancy so she could meet my son-she died before he was born...
    I miss her rubbing my belly now-
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 1:01 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Well, I find it kind of invasive, but I'd rather have people ask me how far along I am and touch my belly, etc. than have them stare and say nothing! I feel so weird having people stare at me all of the time. Yes, I know, I'm pregnant and I have tattoos. That doesn't make me a freak of nature! I wonder if it's because people see this is my second child and hate me for procreating. Who knows. But, yeah, I'm OK with the belly touching. Judgemental glaring..not so much.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 1:03 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I never minded when people touched my pregnant belly. I felt as though they were more touching the baby than me. It's not like they do it when you're not pregnant. I think it's just their way of connecting with the baby, wanting to feel it kick and what not.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:20 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I don't mind :)
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:33 PM on May. 19, 2009