Anybody else feel like this?

My son is starting to get teeth and crawl. I'm really excited about it, but I also feel kind of sad. I feel like I want him to stay 2 months old forever, but sometimes I wish he could walk and talk. It's like an emotional rollercoaster LOL. Lastnight I was laying in bed and I was thinking, OMG soon he won't be my sweet innocent little boy. Then I thought wow I must be really messed up.
So am I actually just a big cheese ball or does anybody else ever feel like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be postpartum hormones too. You still have the same roller coaster stuff from pregnancy until long after delivery. I didn't even out until about 6 months. Even then, you will always get a little sappy at the sight of your "baby" - no matter how old!

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 2:41 PM on May. 19, 2009

• its normal my oldest is 8 and i wish she was still a baby all the time they grow up so fast i jst had a lil boy and hes almost 2 weeks old he's my last baby im afraid im gonna make him a mommas boy cuz hes my baby and i dnt wnt him to grow up and i know how fast they grow up
    Anonymous

• My son will be 3 in august and when I think about it I cry because I wish he was still little and I could just hold him all day and watch him sleep, sometimes I still do.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:05 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I am worse then you lol. Lucky for me since I nursed my son didnt get his first tooth untill he was 10 months old. But I still litteraly cry and thank god for giving me my son and hes about to be 29 months old. They grow so fast its like you close your eyes and wake up and there big. I look at picutres all the time and am facinated out how much he has grown.
    Anonymous

• I can't wait till my son can walk and talk. I think it will be so fun. yes it does go by fast.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 1:54 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I've always looked forward to their next big achievement! Every step they make in their development is so interesting because you never know how they're going to handle it, what new challenge it will bring.

My oldest is starting kindergarten next year and I can't wait!! My next son will also start preschool, so it's going to be a wonder in the fall!!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:46 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I feel the same way. My son will be 9mos next week...which makes me realize that he will be one this August. And this week is his last check up & the end of his 1st year shots. He's growing up super fast & then he'll be 2...then 3...then in high school. lol. I miss my itty bitty. He can pull up on things & he'll be walking soon. So yeah, I do miss my newborn but I can't wait to watch him grow up & be able to talk to me.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 4:13 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I know exacfly how you feel. I was just sitting here watching my 2 1/2 year old and my 15 month old play and it amazes me how much they have grown, so I went and got out their scrapbooks and found pictures from this time last year when they were 18 months and 3 months and I got a little teary eyed. I cant believe my DS will be 18 months old at the end of summer and my DD will be almost 3. It makes me sad. 3 of my friends just had babies within the last 2 weeks and whenever I hold one of the I literally can't believe that not to long ago my babies were that small and innocent! I told all three of them to take LOTS of pictures because it won't last nearly long enought!
    Vsoul0608

Answer by Vsoul0608 at 5:18 PM on May. 19, 2009

• wow ur son is crawling at 2 months i did know they could.....
    Tarrin1Mommy

Answer by Tarrin1Mommy at 9:11 PM on May. 19, 2009