Strange Question, but how many of you.......

Has anyone had a baby and originally decided NOT to breastfeed and then a couple days later changed their mind?

TheDiva320

Asked by TheDiva320 at 1:02 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hahahaha-ME, but I had SO much damn milk coming in, I felt like it was a HUGE waist, and I enjoyed the special time we had and it was FREEEEEEEE
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 1:03 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Naw, I've wanted to BF from the beginning. I literally despised doing it with my daughter, especially in the beginning (I sturggled with bleeding, cracked nipples that just STUNG when my daughter latched on.) But I've always wanted to give my kids the best, so I toughed it out. I admire mamas who change their minds, though! Being against BFing without even trying it is, well....not something I'd do. :)
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 1:07 PM on May. 19, 2009

• My best friend decided to breastfeed her last son because he REALLY REALLY wanted to be breastfed! She hated it with her first two and didn't even want to try the last time around, lol. Guess her kiddo thought differently!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 1:07 PM on May. 19, 2009

• judith- that's my issue, i am literally soaking my shirts even with pads and all and it seems kinda silly not to.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:09 PM on May. 19, 2009

• right, at that point you know its just easier to do it, let down for me was less after I started feeding him on a normal pattern-
    know what I use?!?!
    heavy flow maxi pads LOL I pull the tape off, stick it in my bra, and it soaks up a good let down everytime!
    and its cheaper than nurseing pads!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 1:30 PM on May. 19, 2009

• LOL! That is a great idea! Thank you so much for your advice. I feel goofy walking around here with my shirt soaked. That and my son, when he's hungry will go after the boob before the bottle, so I figured, why not just BF! Duh! LOL
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:49 PM on May. 19, 2009