Cat will not stop pissing on stuff and it stinks!!!!

i have a male cat...and he keeps pissing ! he keeps pissing by the front door, around the shoes at the door...around the other door to our garbage area and on that curtain that is on the door............and in our laundry room.....

its only those specific area's..i got a spray that was supposed to stop this, its called dumb cat lol. it didnt work.....he just wont stop...

it stinks...everytime i walk in th ehouse i can smell it and im lik eohhhhh kyuubi pissed again. im sure if i notice it, others notice it even stronger

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 1:10 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pets

• My cat is doing the same thing! I hate it! I dont know what to do wish i had something that could help you. If you find anything that works then let me know. My cat will piss an anything that is on the floor. Or if its plastic in a cardboard box an a high shelf. I dont know what his problem is. Good luck and hope you find something that works.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:26 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Is he fixed?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:37 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Get him fixed
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:11 PM on May. 19, 2009

• are you sure hes not spraying it? like marking his territory? i had a cat that did this and it was only in the corners of things/ rooms or by the doors. he was marking his territory and it smelled worse than anythhing in the world. call the vet and see what they say. i think he just needs fixed then he should stop
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 3:04 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Male cats also are prone to urinary tract infections. If he is not fixex then #1 that needs to happen however if he is already spraying that badly it might be very difficult to stop.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:47 PM on May. 19, 2009

• spay/neuter your pets!!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:40 PM on May. 19, 2009

• check to see if he is having a urinary tract problem. I have done this myself and I also heard a similar thing this weekend.
    My cat was peeing around the house. We took her to the vet, she had no infections. He put her on prozac (it was made in a cream form that we rubbed inside of her ear).
    We then put her in a kennel large enough for her, food, water, and her litter box. When we let her out into the kitchen to get her prozac, it was gated off. We did this for a month.

She became more social again and was re-trained for the litter box.

This weekend I heard someone did this - minus the prozac. Good Luck
    blujeanlady62

Answer by blujeanlady62 at 5:08 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Have you taken him to the vet yet? If not, please do so!

I had the same issue with my male and tried everything to get him to stop peeing just outside his box. I wasted so much time trying to get him to stop. I finally took him to the vet and he had a bladder infection that entire time! Poor thing suffered because I thought he was being a naughty cat.

They will go outside the box if they're ill because it changes the smell of their urine and they don't like it. Rule out illness first.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:15 PM on May. 19, 2009

• he doesnt go outside of his box....he still pee's and poops in his box...but everytime i claen the area he pissed on....he goes right back to it.

he is not fixed...and according to his vet "with the size of his fangs, his balls and his overall stature, he would be in the running for alpha cat in the animal kingdom" hah..he is a big cat, not big like fat, big like he is sorta built lol. i got a big ole boy
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:06 PM on May. 19, 2009

• since he has the physical body for an alpha kitty heh...i think he is just marking his territory. he jsut seen the vet recently because we are moving oversea's and he has a clean bill of health
    moki1984