Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

STD? Should I get tested?

My husband has had this rash around his scrotum and his thighs for about a month now. I have no idea where he got it and he tells me it's jock itch, he had athletics foot as well. Well he used that anti-fungal cream and the athletics foot cleared up but the rash around his scrotum hasn't cleared at all. If anything it's getting worse. All I know it's very itchy, it's starting to pill and it's extremely red. He refuses to go to a doctor about it which makes me wonder. Does anyone think it could be an STD or what can it be? I'm 8 months pregnant with our second child and we've had sex a few times since he's had it and now I'm wondering if I should get tested or be concerned for my unborn in case he was an STD.Around the time the rash appeared I found e-mails looking to hook up with somebody. I confronted him and almost left. He swears up and down he didn't sleep with somebody so we went to marriage counseling. I found the


Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (14)
  • Get tested if he doesn't want to thats his choice but you have more to care and be conserned about with the baby

    Answer by NicholeAT at 1:21 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • I would get tested just to be on the safe side.

    Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:14 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • He needs to see a doctor. If it's not going away on it's own he may need a medicated cream to help it go away. I can't think right now what, if any, STDs would cause a rash like that...but still, he needs it be checked out. And you need to speak with your doctor about it too. Describe the rash and your concerns about your health and the baby's health. If your DH is being truly honest with you saying that he didn't cheat, then the rash may be something like a yeast rash. But he needs to get it checked out. Good luck!!

    Answer by boizmom at 1:17 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • the fact he was talking about cheating at the same time....yea....
    is it bumpy or just a raised area? it could be herpes. does he have a painful discharge?

    Answer by moki1984 at 1:18 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • He needs to see a doctor....And if i were you i would go get checked. Better to be on the safe side. That way if it is you can get some treatment. Good luck and hope everything is ok

    Answer by Shelii at 1:21 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • sounds like a yeast infection

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • Herpes, syphillis and a yeast infection are a few things that could cause a rash. He NEEDS to see a doctor and I encourage you to see one also even if you aren't showing signs of a STD/infection or the rash that he has.

    Answer by Marix3 at 1:26 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • First rule out if you have anything, then you can take the next steps if you do. Either way I would tell him to take care of his problem and that you want to go with him. A red flag should go up if he doesn't want you to go with him for the Dr visit.

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:40 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • I would definitely get tested. If you found emails that suggest ANYTHING could have happened, or if he's been acting strangely, then I would confront him about it again also. Tell him you want him to go to the dr and that you will be going with him.

    Answer by AprilDJC at 2:20 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • He must be uncomfortable. He should get checked and get meds that will help. Because you are concerned, you should get checked to, to make sure.

    Answer by Bmat at 2:28 PM on May. 19, 2009