I dont really care how you feel about him....

but he is the president- i dont care if you agree with his policies or not he does deserve respect because he is the president- but i have noticed and i am wondering if any of you have noticed that certain news stations refuse to call him President Obama? or even Mr. Obama? they just say Obama- but those same stations will stillcall George Bush Mr. President , why is this? Why do they refuse to accept him as our nations president?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because he is the worst single event to ever happen to this country.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:19 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Really Grace? How about 9/11, is he worse than that? Please. Your hate filled drama is so unattractive. Get over yourself and move on. The opposite of love is indifference, not hate. Be part of the solution or SHUT UP.
    Anonymous

• Um what? I can't believe you are actually going to say something like this considering the sheer AMOUNT of disrespect President Bush recieved from the whole country...especially the media. Remember his speech the day Obama took office...people were actually booing him. To this day they still call him Mr. Bush. And when he was still President they even started with that. President Bush got absolutely NO respect and compared to shit the country gave him I'd say Obama has it pretty easy. Yes he is the President but I dislike the man, didn't vote for him, and think he will be the end of the United States and possibly the world as we know it...so will I respect him? Here's my answer, he will get the same respect from me that "his people" gave my President Bush. NONE
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:22 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Courtesty is owed, but respect is EARNED.
    Anonymous

• Wow-another winning comment by must be grace! Priceless!!!
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 1:24 PM on May. 19, 2009

• but i have noticed and i am wondering if any of you have noticed that certain news stations refuse to call him President Obama? or even Mr. Obama? they just say Obama- but those same stations will stillcall George Bush Mr. President , why is this?

If you are talking about Fox, I have heard I believe every single one of their on air people call him President Obama. And people still call Clinton President Clinton. I don't think the title goes away. I have even been told that saying former President is not necessary.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:31 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I am one of those horrid Americans who refuses to call him anything but Obama or Mr. Obama
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:34 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Since when do we owe people respect for titles or positions they BOUGHT? (With donated money, no less.)
    Anonymous

• OP, stop trying to start the drama. You obviously don't watch all the time, otherwise you would know what you were saying is a lie. And what about the liberal media? They didn't call Bush President every single time either.

Anonymous

• This is equally as ignorant as those who comment and say that Obama is our President and that it is our duty to support our President no matter what. WTH? Where do people come off with that idea. We the people have no duty to support our President. He works for us! Are the citizens of this country getting any respect or support from the President or any of the others in government? They do exactly what they want even though the citizens are saying NO. They are not listening to us. Sorry, but I do not blindly follow anyone, nor do I approve and support what someone else does when I know it is wrong. Respect for this presidency and this governent is earned, it is not freely given.
    Anonymous