Growing butt and thighs.....HELP!

My butt and thighs have gotten soooo big over the past year and they're still growing. I am active and walk 30 minutes on a treadmill (3.5 speed at an 8.0 increase) two times a week and NOTHING is happening. I am naturally skinny but when we moved I got depressed and stopped being so active then it was winter so I was inside most of the time so I gained 15 pounds. How can I not only get the weight off but tone up the butt and thighs within the next couple months? I would like to get it off before the wintertime comes again. Any suggestions??

mommabear2008

Asked by mommabear2008 at 1:35 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I do squats and lunges at work between customers - my butt is looking pretty perky, and my hips are down 2 inches (not much, but I've been kinda half-hearted about it lately) also, i do standing kick backs when no one is looking or standing behind me (dont wanna kick them :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:37 AM on May. 20, 2009

• increase the amount of exercise you get, and eat fewer carbohydrates (potatoes, rice, etc.) GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 1:53 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Whoa! There are good carbs and there are bad carbs. It is great that you are exercising, now you need to examine what you are putting in your mouth every day; not only can you and your famliy be healthier, you will be setting a great example for your kids.
    You should be drinking at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day
    You should be eating 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors.
    You should start eliminating simple/white foods and replace them with whole grains: brown rice, whole grain breads and tortillas, quinoa, whole wheat pasta, barley, etc.
    Cut way back on, or eliminate meat and dairy
    Eat at least one serving of legumes a day: beans, lentils, tofu, etc.
    Feel free to contact me for meal and recipe ideas (no, I am not selling anything).

Answer by rkoloms at 4:22 PM on May. 19, 2009

• decreased your processed food intake - increase your water and fresh produce intake, decrease your artificial sweetener and diet product intake - these contain chemicals that bloat your fat cells. walk daily (daily is important)... it could also be your age - your body may be changing and will make it more difficult to lose the weight in those areas - so it will be more difficult - i have had great success with the above mentioned and using ItWorks Body Wraps - i love them, i lost 12 inches so far in my thighs, stomach, and arms... i get them at www.itworks.net/SoCal-ItWorks

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 11:36 PM on May. 19, 2009